Winter is a difficult time, especially for our skin so today, we are proud to bring you Winter Skin Care Tips to keep your skin glowing and soft.
Make sure to check out our giveaway on our social media pages from next week.
1. Wash your face in lukewarm water, hot water will strip oils off your face.
2. Apply Moisture to damp skin, don’t let it dry out.
Now here’s a tip that might be new, use Vaseline on your face. Why, you ask? Well, first of all, Vaseline locks moisture into your skin, reduces the visibility of dry lines and doesn’t clog your skin! Lastly, you will surely have that glow, just use a fair amount.
3. Drink water. If you’re rolling your eyes, you can stop. Drinking water in winter is hard so stick to warm water with lemon or tea with a little less sugar than usual.
4. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate.
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic, raw, local honey
- [optional] 1 drop lemon essential oil or fresh lemon juice for additional skin brightening
- Wash face and hands first to remove impurities and any make-up.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix the turmeric powder with the honey, apple cider vinegar, milk or yogurt and optional lemon oil. Try to get a consistency that will stick to your face. Be careful not to make it too thin as it may drip.
- Apply the mask carefully avoiding your eyes.
- Allow the mask sit on your face for 15–20 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- If you have any leftover, you can cover and leave in the fridge for your next application.
- Apply twice a week for best results.
Photo Credits: Nameya Jacobs